A crown is a custom-made covering that fits over an original tooth that is either decayed, damaged or cracked. We utilize CEREC technology to provide you with custom, porcelain crowns.
CEREC offer you same-day, custom crowns that you can depend on. In most cases, with CEREC crowns, there is no more need for multiple visits, temporary crowns or waiting for dental labs to create your custom crown. CEREC allows us to take optical impressions, design and create your custom crown in our office and in just a single visit!
CEREC custom crowns are designed with tooth-colored porcelain allowing you to maintain the natural appearance of your smile so you can face the world with confidence. The treatment plan for a patient receiving a crown other then the Cerec involves:
- Numbing the tooth to remove the decay in or around it.
- Re-sculpturing the tooth to provide an ideal fit for the crown.
- Making an impression of your teeth in order to create a custom-made crown (usually takes one to two weeks).
- Making a temporary crown out of acrylic resin and fitting it onto the tooth during the interim period when the custom-made crown is being created.
- Applying the custom-made crown (when received from the lab) by removing the temporary crown and fitting the custom-made one onto the tooth.
- After ensuring that the crown has the proper look and fit, the dentist cements it into place.
This process generally consists of a minimum of two to three visits over a three to four week period. Once the procedure is completed, proper dental hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, is required to maintain healthy, bacteria-free teeth, gums and crowns. This helps in the prevention of gum disease. Given proper care, your crowns can last a lifetime